Death and taxes are the only two unavoidable certainties in life, and taxes just might be the least pleasant of the two. In this section, lawyers will list things you should know to improve your tax situation.
Recent FindLaw Taxes Articles
- Credit Suisse hearings focus attention on foreign bank accounts
Provided by: Frost & Associates
For those with foreign bank accounts, reporting requirements cannot be ignored. Read More »
- Federal lawmakers weigh in on a "Taxpayer Bill of Rights"
Provided by: Bredemann & McFarlane, PLC
Proposed changes to the U.S. tax code could help protect taxpayer rights, especially with regard to IRS audits. Read More »
- Bigger Michigan property tax rebates, but assessors move to increase tax
Provided by: Hoffert & Associates, P.C.
Learn more about issues that could affect your property taxes. Read More »
- April 15 is right around the corner, have you started your taxes?
Provided by: The Gartzman Law Firm, P.C.
Even though the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) did not begin accepting tax returns until January 31, U.S. taxpayers need to be aware that there will be no automatic extension to file their 2013 tax returns. Read More »
- Know what to expect in IRS tax audits
Provided by: Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC
Individuals receiving notice of an audit from the IRS, they should understand what will happen so that they can better prepare for the process. Read More »