Death and taxes are the only two unavoidable certainties in life, and taxes just might be the least pleasant of the two. In this section, lawyers will list things you should know to improve your tax situation.
Recent FindLaw Taxes Articles
- Small business owners to receive more IRS scrutiny?
Provided by: Law Office of Luis R. De Luna, PLLC
Partnerships could be facing more IRS audits this upcoming tax season. Read More »
- IRS data shows fewer audits of individuals, but more of businesses
Provided by: Bredemann & McFarlane, PLC
Due in part to IRS budget cuts, individual taxpayers are being audited less frequently than in the past, but other taxpayers are seeing more audits than before. Read More »
- IRS institutes fast track audit dispute resolution for self-employed
Provided by: The Law Offices of Scott Kauffman
On Nov. 6, 2013, the I.R.S. announced a new Fast Track Settlement program aimed at allowing those who are self-employed and small business owners to shorten the time it takes to resolve audit disputes. Read More »
- IRS tax audits down overall, but increasing in some areas
Provided by: Law Offices of Angelique M. Neal, PLC
The IRS is conducting fewer tax audits in recent years due to budget cuts, but enforcement actions have nevertheless been on the rise among certain types of taxpayers. Read More »
- Beanie Babies tax evasion case signals new era of IRS enforcement
Provided by: Robert J. Fedor, Esq., L.L.C.
Ty Warner, the creator of the Beany Baby empire, was convicted recently of tax evasion. Read More »