FindLaw KnowledgeBasePublished: 2012-12-18
The Ohio Department of Insurance now provides consumers with insurance guides that help them choose the best insurance coverage for auto, homeowners, health, life and Medicare insurance. The guides are detailed but easy to understand. According to the Department of Insurance director, the goal of the guides is to provide Ohio residents with the information necessary to make informed decisions on insurance policies.
The guides available include:
- Automobile insurance. The auto insurance guide provides information on different types of coverage available, a breakdown of consumer rights and tips on how to get discounts when purchasing auto insurance.
- Health insurance. The health insurance guide provides information on the different health options available for individuals, families, self-employed individuals and small business owners.
- Homeowners insurance. The homeowner insurance guide explains the coverage requirements for homeowners and details how to make a claim on your homeowner insurance policy.
- Life and annuities insurance. The life insurance guide provides information on the appropriate amount of coverage, how to find the best value and the potential penalties.
- Long-term care insurance. The long term insurance guide discusses the factors that affect premiums and provides checklists for choosing the appropriate long-term care overage.
- Medicare insurance. The Medicare insurance guide discusses how to apply for Medicare, explains the difference and benefits and also provides other helpful information.
These guides are extremely helpful in determining the right coverage for Ohioans. But what happens if you have insurance coverage and your insurance company denies your claim?
What to do if your insurance company denies your claim
Just because you have insurance does not guarantee that your insurance company will provide you with the insurance benefits you have been paying for. Insurance companies often delay approving claims or outright deny claims. If the insurance company is delaying or has denied your claim, contact an experienced attorney to guide you through the insurance denial dispute process. The insurance company is not your friend and is not looking out for your best interests. It is often looking for any reason to deny you the benefits you deserve.
An attorney with experience with the insurance industry can be your greatest asset as you move through the process. The attorney you hire can also mean the difference between the ultimate approval or denial of your claim.